Venue, Timing and Cost
PROJECT LEVEL 1: WOVEN WALL-HANGING WORKSHOP
** Multiple Dates **
Join us for this new project-based beginner workshop that indulges your love of fibre by weaving your very own Wall-hanging.
Skill Level: Beginner
This class is designed to have you up and weaving from the moment you walk through our door.
Using our pre-prepared Frame Loom and Weaving Tools by CS Designs, we will walk you through the basic weaving techniques you will need to get weaving. With this knowledge of the warp & weft and working with your chosen Yarn Starter Pack, you will create your very own modern wall hanging.
This class would suit those new to weaving. You will learn techniques from both modern tapestry weaving such as Soumak and Rya knots (fringe) as well as classic hand-weaving techniques such as plain weave (tabby) and ribs. Working on your own loom and at your own pace, you should have plenty of time to complete your project. However if not, you can purchase the Frame Loom and tools, bringing your materials home with you to complete your project at your leisure.
* 2 hours tuition
* Pre-warped, solid beech CS Designs Frame Loom (30cm x 36.5cm) for use during the workshop
* Weaving tools: weaving shuttle, EPI counter, needle & comb for use during the workshop
* All yarns and materials (£10 value)
* Tea, coffee, biscuits
* Additional yarns, equipment or tools can be purchased on the day
* Guaranteed fibre fun in a relaxed environment!
Date: Various Dates
Time: Various Times
Duration: 2 Hours
Class Size: Maximum of 6 guests