Venue, Timing and Cost
Wheatley Singers' Spring Concert
• an elastic device that reverts to its former shape;
• a sudden jump upwards or forwards;
• water welling up from an underground source;
• a flock of teal (ha! did YOU know that?!);
• the season after winter, before summer, from vernal equinox to summer solstice;
• when a young man’s fancy turns to love…
• when the Wheatley Singers blow away the winter blues and join forces with stellar soloists to gladden an audience with sparkle and delight.
Following their triumphant début in St Mary’s Thame with Brahms' German Requiem, Wheatley Singers are coming home. Favourites Shelley Cox, Ian Barratt and Steven Henderson will be joined in their solo roles by the fabulous Charlotte Elkins to perform with the choir and full orchestra in Beethoven’s incredible “Mass in C”. The soloists will also present their own selection of solos, duets and more, designed to uplift and enthral you. And actor Bruce Alexander will enhance the event with specially selected readings.
The concert is in support of two special charities: “Gingerbread”, the leading national charity for single parent families (celebrating 100 years in 2018), and “Maple Tree”, a very local (slightly younger!) organisation, which works with young families in the Wheatley Area. So you can combine a wonderful evening with the satisfaction of making a contribution to these noble causes.
St Mary's Church, Church Road, Wheatley OX33 1LZ
Tickets available from Wheatley Library or on the door