This opportunity is for an artist to work on wall mounted feature of our primary school within the development. We are keen to work on the theme of a tree, promoting ideas of growth, inclusion and connectivity.
We are seeking an artist to work with metal leading on and running a community arts project, to create a stunning entrance feature that celebrates the school, its values and its wide ranging international community (possibly working on themes of welcome in the many different languages spoken at the school (over 20) values of kindness, brilliance, togetherness and nurture.
This is a great opportunity to create a meaningful relationship with neighbours, local groups and the schools extended community.
Process / Timetable
Activity Deadline / indicative timescale
Circulate and advertise brief 22 March 2021
Closing Date 14 April 2021
Shortlisting 19th April 2021
Interviews /selection 27th April
Funding application April – end may
Artist to start project Jun 21
Design concept June 21
School workshops June/ July 2021
Creation of artwork August 2021
Installation Week beginning 30th August
Unveiling September 2021
The overall budget for this project is £15,000. The first phase of community workshops, research and design is £3000 (including all artists fees, travel, preparation and materials for the school workshops). The fee for the main works is £12,000. This includes materials, fabrication and installation.
The selection process
The request for Expressions of Interest is being advertised across Oxfordshire for interested artists to submit proposal in working with us.
To be considered for this opportunity the artist must be able to provide;
• Public liability and professional indemnity insurance of at least £5m
• Experience of wall based projects
• Proven track record of working with children and appropriate/ current DBS certification
Our chosen artist will have
• Experience of working on large scale projects within the public realm, on walls or vertical surfaces
• Have experience with and be inspired by the work of primary aged children
Your Expression of interest in the project should include;
• Examples of at least 4 previous projects you have work on
• An artistic statement in response to the brief and your interest in the project
• The name and contact details of a previous commissioner
• An indication of approach to commission and installation
• An indication of your approach to design flexibility and working with children
• An indication of your ability to deliver this project within the designated budget with an estimated budget breakdown.
Expressions of interest should be submitted by Wednesday 14th April 2021, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org