For the past three years the Cowley Road Carnival has grown in size and quality as it has attracted multiple large Arts Council England ‘Project Grants’ awards to support it’s creative work and has ex-panded it’s reach, now involving a diverse array of community groups, schools, charities and per-formers to put on ‘Oxford’s Big Day Out’, as well as at other cultural events throughout the Oxford-shire arts calendar.
Sustaining the quality of engagement and partnerships across all of the organisations, artists and local people that are involved in Carnival is important for continuing to strengthen and celebrate our Oxford community through art and performance. As such the creation of the new role of Carni-val Technical Co-ordinator (“CTC”)has been created in order to support the Creative Carnival Pro-ducer in all technical and logistical aspects in the run up to Carnival Day, as well as play an integral part of ensuring the smooth running of the Carnival Site on the day of the event.
Under the direction of the Creative Carnival Producer the CTC will track and procure all technical equipment outside of the remit of the Event Management Company by interfacing with all stake-holders involved in the programme (bands, choirs and activity leaders) and be the main point of contact between the Event Management Company and CRC. You will work as in integral part of the Carnival Team which includes production volunteers, associate producers and volunteer coordinator
In this role you will
• Support the Creative Carnival Producer to oversee the smooth, timely delivery of all of the artistic content of the Carnival event for the different zones of activity on 7th July 2019 to shape a vibrant and culturally inclusive Carnival event. This will include:
▪ The Procession
▪ Live music and other performances on CRW led stages
▪ Decor and signage
▪ Participatory activities and stalls in family zones in partnership with local organi-sations
▪ Activities and programming of sponsors
• Review, plan and procure the technical equipment needed (outside of the remit of the Event Management Company) with the relevant members of the Carnival team and local partner organisations to ensure than all technical requirements are met of the programmed areas and bands. This includes mainly, but not exclusively, sound and Staging equipment.
• Liaise with Carnival Event Team, sound technicians, associate producers and volunteers to facilitate the smooth running of all technical aspects of the carnival.
• Collaborate effectively with the Event Manager and other CRW freelance staff to meet deadlines for submission of documents to the Safety Advisory Group and City Council
The role will entail 2 days per week between Mar 19 - July 19. Working pattern to be agreed or as necessary to deliver the role. With occasional weekend and evening work required around specific meetings and events. Must be available: Fri 5th July - Tues 9th July inclusive.