We are looking for an artist specialising in public art who brings the community together and creates special and bespoke features for the public realm. Our desire is to create 5 distinctive entrance features gateway features throughout the village. We are also keen to develop artistic focal features in central locations in the two main village public open spaces/ parks. These also could reflect on themes such as
• Ancient landscape
• Farming and agriculture
• Local archaeological finds
• And local history
The fee for the work is £25,000. This fee should cover all costs associated with the design process, local research and workshops, materials, fabrication, transport and installation. We would like to commission our chosen artist in 2 phases: the first phase is for research, community engagement and design (for up to £1,500) and the second phase (pending fully costed design proposals) for the creations, delivery of work/s, installation and unveiling of the works of art (for upto £23,500).
Expression of Interest should be submitted electronically entitled “Expression of Interest in Artworks for Shrivenham village entrances” by MONDAY 7th January 2019 and should include;
• Examples of at least 6 previous projects you have work on
• An artistic statement in response to the brief and your interest in the project
• An indication of your approach and ideas to this opportunity
• Ability to deliver this project within the indicated budget and timescale.
• The name and contact details of a previous commissioner should also be supplied.
Vale of White Horse District Council
135 Eastern avenue