This role combines a variety of administrative elements with creative and production responsibilities. You will be the first point of contact for all enquiries relating to the Corn Exchange’s Learning and Participation activities, and the conduit for communication with the rest of the organisation as well as providing a warm welcome at the new Learning Centre.
Key to this role is excellent organisational and interpersonal skills. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a high standard of written and verbal communication skills and should be passionate about community cohesion and inclusion in the arts.
Main responsibilities include:
- To provide administrative support to enable the smooth running of the Learning and Participation department
- To co-ordinate all aspects of work experience placements, scheduling their time and interviewing prospective candidates
- To manage the Learning & Participation team diary, problem solving where required
- To maintain up to date data in the budget and department records
- To administrate the contracting of all freelance team members and practitioners
- To help organise and support the team to deliver Learning and Participation activities, providing on the day co-ordination and attendance at performances and events as required
- To undertake all administration required to ensure that activities at the Learning Centre are evaluated and records are kept
- Working to maintain positive and creative relationships with practitioners, parents and participants
- To facilitate good communication and working between different departments
Please refer to the application pack on our website www.cornexchangenew.com for further information. If you wish to apply for this position, please send a covering letter, no longer than two sides of A4, with a copy of your CV and return either by post or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than midday on Wednesday 31 May.
Candidates are short listed on the extent to which they meet the criteria in the person specification and job description. Please ensure you address these criteria and give evidence to demonstrate you have the skills, knowledge and experience required. Interviews are likely to take place on Wednesday 7 June 2017.
Sarah Gregson, email@example.com