Volunteer recruitment and coordination for the Cowley Road Carnival on 2 July, to:
- work to the Volunteer Policy already in place
- continue communication with current volunteers
- collate volunteer requirements from the Carnival team to cover preparation for and roles at the Carnival event
- recruit volunteers and maintain contact with previous volunteers to support the Carnival event and other events/activities in the lead up to Carnival
- brief volunteers and lead on training for specialist volunteers in preparation for Carnival
- make preparations for volunteers, including T shirts, food vouchers, water supplies, volunteer base for the Carnival event and the Information stand at Carnival
- arrange shifts and provide information to volunteers before Carnival
- arrange cover for the volunteer base during the Carnival event, and arrange for distribution/return of refreshment vouchers, T shirts, collection tins, programmes etc
- where requested/appropriate, arrange letters of reference or other recognition for volunteers
- keep a record of all volunteers and their time and tasks to contribute to the overall evaluation report post Carnival
- generally support volunteers in their role at the Carnival event, creating a work plan for them and, where relevant, report back on their performance
- enhance the value of the volunteering experience both for the volunteers and for CRW, as agreed with the Executive Director and delegated Trustee
- Deliver on-going volunteer deployment/volunteer initiated projects in the months leading up to Carnival and afterwards
- Work with associate producers to mentor them in your role and give quality on the job training where appropriate.
- Work closely with all other freelance staff in order to support their positions/ events and projects with quality volunteers.
- Work closely with the outreach officer to engage new volunteers in fundraising and awareness raising activities all year round.
see website www.cowleyroadcarnival.co.uk for more details
For a full job description see the website. To apply: please send a letter of application with your CV and contact details for 2 referees to:
Executive Director, Cowley Road Works, c/o Pegasus, Magdalen Road, Oxford, OX4 1RE
Deadline for applications is Sunday 26th February 2017
Interviews for short listed candidates will be held between 7th - 9th of March – Date TBC,