Venue, Timing and Cost
Project Level 1: Handwoven Cushion Workshop
** Multiple Dates **
Level: Beginner and beyond!
Join us for this new project-based beginner workshop that teaches you to weave your very own cushion!
In this workshop you will learn to weave your very own cushion (max. size 45cm x 45cm) in the popular 'Ripples' pattern by Cassandra Smith. Under her guidance, you will wind your very own blend of yarns from a selection of gorgeous weaving yarns from our studio, combine them with your preferred colour of wool roving and learn a selection of classic hand-weaving techniques to personalise your own version of this popular design.
Throughout the workshop you will be working with your own dedicated, larger sized Frame Loom and Weaving Tools. You will learn both design skills as well as technical skills and progress the project at your own pace.
At the end of the workshop you have the option to take your woven cushion cover home with you to complete into a cushion at your leisure, or you may leave it at the studio and we will have it sewn together for you by a sewing specialist.
In both cases you will receive a duck feather cushion pad in your preferred size and have a choice of linen fabric colours to provide a backing to your handwoven front (or you may bring your own). The finished cushion will then be posted to you or you can collect it from the studio if more convenient.
The focus in this workshop will be on learning a new craft skill while completing a project in a relaxed environment.
* 6 hours tuition (completed in one session)
* Frame Loom (50cm x 63.3cm) & Weaving Tools, yours to keep after the workshop
* All yarns and materials (£30 value)
* 1 duck feather cushion pad (35cm x 35cm, 33cm x 43cm, 45cm x 45cm)
* 100% linen fabric backing (choice of colour)
* Sewing into a cushion by a sewing specialist
* Maximum of 6 students
What’s not included:
* Lunch (due to health and safety we request that you bring a lunch on the day or purchase something from the pub or deli across from the studio)