Angel Sharp Media Ltd, Oxford, UK
£30,000 – £35,000 a year, full time
We are seeking a talented producer and director to join our Oxford team. As a digital indie, we’re after someone who is a natural short-form storyteller, who has a passion for bringing new bold ideas to a film while being able to grab the viewer's attention.
Angel Sharp Media Ltd is a boutique documentary production house that specialises in high quality cinematic online shorts for a diverse range of clients and organisations.
Whether shedding light on the latest scientific discoveries, curating humorous viral campaigns, or travelling the world to capture compelling human stories, we have carved out a reputation as a highly creative on-the-pulse agency at the forefront of specialised digital media.
We are seeking someone whose core skills are producing and directing, and has particular experience in at least one other area from the following:
• Shooting / Cinematography
• Sound Engineering
• Graphics / Animation
• Sales / Pitching / Development
We want someone who can discover and craft a highly engaging narrative, and bring films to life by confident use of stylish text elements, great music choice, and beautiful colour grades. You will have a commitment to playing with the form of video and experimenting with video techniques, and have an insight into the delicate pairing of music and visuals. You should have a keen interest in exploring the space between branded content and short-form documentary, and the ability to respond to the needs of today’s digital audience.
As part of our tight-knit five-person team, you will be responsible for creating videos tailored to the needs of the commissioner. You will be a key part of responding creatively to the brief, and will be able to use a wide range of knowledge you have in the technical aspects of multimedia production for online environments.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Project managing video productions from start to finish, organising shoots, booking freelancers, managing a budget, overseeing editing, and delivery of final product to client
• Interviewing and directing contributors, shooting a variety of footage and managing crews on location
• Working closely with the in-house team, understanding their needs and contributing suitable creative ideas and feedback on their projects
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
• A strong talent for filmmaking and storytelling, combined with a respect for the budget, the brief and client requirements
• Excellent communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with clients from the pitching stage to the feedback process
• A strong design eye and visual sensibilities
• Sensitive and attuned to music choices which support and enhance visuals
• Exceptional skills in people-management and the ability to lead a team and harness the skills of others
• Passion for online video and digital channels
Only candidates with the right to live and work in the UK will be considered for this role.
We are committed to equal opportunity, and will consider all applications regardless of sex, disability, age, race, and religion.
The deadline for applications is 12pm Monday 14th June 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!