Café Cook - Baker - Freelance position from 11 May to 19 July 2020
Garsington Opera is seeking a highly motivated person to join our Green room team.
We are looking for an efficient, highly organised Café Cook for our 2020 season.
Garsington Opera is a prestigious festival with performances in June - July at Wormsley, near Stokenchurch, producing four opera productions each year. Exciting partnerships have been established recently with the RSC, Rambert, The English Concert and Philharmonia Orchestra. This is a great opportunity to join an energetic team.
Post Café Cook - Baker
Reporting to Household and Seasonal Staff Co-ordinator
Salary £100 a day
Application deadline 5pm, 21st February 2020
Interviews 28th February
Start date 11th May 2020
The Green Room Café Cook will take responsibility for cooking cakes, puddings and snacks during the festival period for the Singers, Orchestra, Stage Technicians and Staff of the Opera Company. The backstage Green Room Café and kitchen is in a converted barn on the Getty’s Wormsley Estate, near Stokenchurch, about 7 miles from High Wycombe. This full-time temporary job operates during the summer opera season, between 11th May to July 19th inclusive.
A fun and rewarding position for the right person with assistance provided.
The job includes:
• Food ordering
• Food preparation
• Baking cakes, biscuits, snacks etc
• Running a check off system.
• Ordering tea/coffee/milk/ and all dry supplies
• General communication with head of household.
• General communication with the Head Cook.
• General communication with the Green Room Manager
• Washing up and filling/emptying dishwashers during the day (with assistance)
• Keeping Green Room and Kitchen clean and tidy
• Responsibility for the smooth running of the backstage café
• Keeping essential logs for H&S e.g. fridge and oven.
The numbers vary from about 40 to 120 depending on the rehearsal or performance day. It is a hardworking, fun, festival atmosphere, and the personality of the cook is very important. Help is provided with clearing up, washing up etc. We pay an inclusive fee of £100 a day, with varying start/finish times dependent if a rehearsal or performance day.
Own transport is essential.
• Up to date qualifications - Food safety and Hygiene certificates
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent time management, with ability to multitask, balancing and prioritising workload
• Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Own transport essential
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than one page outlining why you are interested in the position and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or: Garsington Opera, The Old Garage, The Green, Great Milton, Oxfordshire, OX44 7NP