Garsington Opera is seeking a highly effective administrator to join our office team. We are looking for an efficient, personable administrator with excellent secretarial and communication skills to provide support on administrative tasks and assist the Producer of our community outreach work.
Garsington Opera is a prestigious festival with performances in June - July at Wormsley, near Stokenchurch, producing four opera productions each year. Exciting partnerships have been established recently with the RSC, Rambert, the English Concert and Philharmonia Orchestra. This is a great opportunity to join a small, energetic team with the chance to be involved in a variety of tasks at a time of expansion and development.
Post Administrator (20 - 25 hours a week)
Reporting to Finance and HR Manager and Learning and Participation Producer
Salary £19,000 - £24,000 pro rata, depending on experience
Application deadline 5pm, 25th February 2020
Interviews 6th March 2020
Start date 14th April 2020
Ideally the 20 - 25 hours per week will be spread 4 or 5 hours each day across the week, with some flexibility within the office hours of 9.30-5.30, Monday–Friday in Great Milton, Oxfordshire, plus attendance at occasional evening events on site on the Wormsley Estate as well as in Oxford and London.
• Co-ordination of Seasonal Staff contracts
• Administration of payments for Seasonal Staff
• Organisation of tour groups
• Assist with organisation of membership events
• Posting on social media as required
• Organisation of staff meetings including taking minutes
• General office administration, ordering supplies etc
• Other administrative tasks as required
• Minute Secretary and administration of Board meetings and sub-committees held in London 3 - 4 times a year.
Learning & Participation Administration (4 - 5 hours a week)
Support the L&P Producer with the programme as requested, including:
• Act as the main point of contact for the GO Adult Company, responsible for communication, producing schedules etc
• Act as administrator on safeguarding matters and ensuring DBS checks are completed as necessary.
• Manage the L&P diary of events on ArtsVision database and GO website
• Book venues, assist with audition process and produce scores and resource packs for L&P projects
• Assist fundraisers with information for L&P funding bids, and assist with writing annual report
• Set up and manage the Youth Company alumni scheme
• Ensure the staff and Board are informed of L&P activity
• Maintain and manage database of L&P contacts
• Deal with general enquiries from the public
• Excellent organisational, administration, computer and Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills, diplomacy and confidence in liaising with people
• Excellent time management, with ability to multitask, balancing and prioritising workload
• Previous experience with minute taking
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Own transport essential
• Previous experience working with a database
• Experienced with social media
• A knowledge of and passion for music
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than one page outlining why you are interested in the position and your relevant experience to email@example.com.
Or: Garsington Opera, The Old Garage, The Green, Great Milton, Oxfordshire, OX44 7NP