At Cowley Road Works we love our volunteers! Starting bright and early on Carnival Day over 100 volunteers help our event team set up stages, direct food traders to the right spots on the road, help our Associate Producers get the musicians and dancers to the right stage at the right time and of course ensure that our thousands of audience members are having a fantastic time (and know where the loos are!) Without volunteers we simply could not run Cowley Road Carnival and as Volunteer Coordinator, you will be right in the centre of the action - recruiting, training and managing volunteers of all ages to support the wider team in delivering projects for CRW.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated following through your work and professional behaviours:
• Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
• Create and manage a Project Plan which clearly maps and tracks partners, objectives, timelines and responsibilities
• Work closely and under the guidance of the Director and Creative Carnival Producer – using your contacts, experience and volunteer coordination skills to ensure that carnival volunteer have a fun, safe and rewarding time at Cowley Road Carnival 2020
• Undertake any other duties relevant to this post, as required. This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required; it is not comprehensive or restrictive
• Carry out the duties of this post in accordance with Cowley Road Works’ policies including the Equality, Diversity and Harassment Policy, Ethical and Environmental Policies, and any health and safety and other policies relevant to the use of office facilities at Pegasus Theatre or other venues used by the charity
For the Evaluation you will need to:
• Coordinate an evaluation and thank you gathering for volunteers after the Carnival event
• Collect and collate case studies of work delivered and individuals involved
• Design and collect surveys related to volunteer experience in line with necessary funder and partnership requirements.
• Assist with the evaluation of the event, including gathering necessary data
• Attend a team evaluation meeting after the event
• Prepare a written report, commenting on the role, what was achieved, what worked well and what could be improved on by mid July 2020
For more details see http://www.cowleyroadworks.co.uk/about/v...