Front of House Assistant (Casual). Evenings only.
Part time, £9.69/hr
We are seeking a Front of House Assistant to join our friendly, welcoming evening team, on a casual basis.
The Old Fire Station is an exciting and eclectic arts centre in the centre of Oxford. We focus on four things:
• Great art for the public
• Professional development of artists
• Building the confidence and skills of homeless people
• Creating an inclusive public space
We are looking for people to join our front of house team to help run our programme of evening events as a front of house assistant depending on the shifts available. We are looking for people who are passionate about customer care with an eye for the bottom line. Key purpose is to support the Duty Manager in ensuring that all front of house operations run smoothly, providing an informed welcome for audiences, general public, artists, hirers and Crisis members alike. Also, supported by the Duty Manager, to be responsible for Health and Safety and operations of the building when on duty and take responsibility for setting up and running the bar.
Main duties -
• Providing an informed and warm welcome to the public
• Working alongside volunteers
• Setting up and running the bar
• Supporting the box office in the sale of tickets
• Setting up of AV equipment as and when required, training provided.
• Handling general enquiries from hirers, performers, promoters and the public
• Alongside the Duty Manager, supervise the fire evacuation and all Health & Safety issues during your shift.
• Control and rotation of bar stock
• Cash floats, handling and reconciliation
• Ensuring compliance with licensing and health and safety law and regulation
• You should also have experience of handling and, preferably, reconciling cash
• Experience of customer facing roles
• Sound MS Office skills
• Positive and flexible approach to work
• Box Office experience an advantage but not essential
• Bar experience an advantage but not essential
• Casual hours - requiring some fixed nights as well as some flexibility to cover shifts on evenings, some late nights and weekends. Availability for Friday and Saturday evenings essential. Average hours of a shift, Saturdays 4.30 – 10.30pm or weekdays 6pm – 11pm with occasional Saturday day time. Currently have one or two shifts a week available depending on the programme and core staff availability.
Arts at the Old Fire Station values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for any vacancies.
How to apply:
1. Go to 'Vacancies' on our website https://oldfirestation.org.uk/about/vaca... for full job description and application form.
2. Send the completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Front of House Assistant Application” as the subject. Or post to: Recruitment, Arts at the Old Fire Station, 40 George Street, Oxford OX1 2AQ
3. Fill in the Demographics Form online here. https://aofs.typeform.com/to/t2FYKY Please note this will be completely separate from your application and should be filled in anonymously.
Deadline for applications: 10.00am Monday 29 July 2019
Interviews will be held on Friday 2 August 2019