Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We are committed to ending homelessness.
Every day we see the devastating impact homelessness has on people's lives. Every year we work side by side thousands of homeless people to help them rebuild their lives and leave homelessness behind for good. We do this at Crisis Skylight Oxford through providing education, training and support with housing, employment and health.
We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Crisis Skylight Oxford runs a weekly Photography class delivered by a tutor in which external trips off site are organised for clients to take photographs. These trips out are followed by an hour in our IT Suite for uploading, selecting, editing and printing client’s images. A selection of these photographs are also chosen for professional printing. We are looking for a volunteer to help clients with the IT side of this, as well as manage the printing orders. There is the option of joining the group on the trips but a DBS check will be required.
Timings: Thursdays 12.30-1.30pm (option to join the groups on trips, start time 10.30am)
Location: Crisis Skylight Oxford, The Old Fire Station, 40 George Street, Oxford, OX1 2AQ
Responsible to: Photography Tutor and Arts Co-ordinator
What you will gain
• An opportunity to be part of a friendly team who are committed to ending homelessness and the knowledge that your role is making a difference to the running of the organisation
• Access to support as and when required including regular supervisions with a relevant supervisor
• A way to learn more about homelessness and the charity sector through a structured induction
• Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed where appropriate
• A factual reference from a reputable organisation
Core tasks and what you will achieve
• Assisting the tutor in delivering high quality sessions and keeping clients focussed
• Providing support to individual members within the group to help them achieve their objectives, encouraging them to develop their skills and confidence
• Assisting clients with the completion of any relevant work, including storage, selection and editing of their work
• Managing the ordering, payment and collection of professionally printed photographs on a weekly basis
The skills & experience we are looking for
1. Commitment to learning and an interest in the subject.
2. Excellent IT skills, knowledge of Photoshop Elements
3. Keen interest in visual arts, particularly in Photography
4. Interpersonal communication skills with a particular focus on listening
5. Ability to work independently and take own initiative
6. Good time-keeping and reliability
7. Non-judgmental, patient and friendly
8. An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
All Crisis volunteers are asked to:
• Comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
• To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about members and the organisation
• Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness
How do I apply?
For more information contact Natalie Oman our Volunteer Co-ordinator on 01865 263920 or email email@example.com Once we receive your application we will acknowledge receipt and explain the next steps to you.
Volunteer Co-ordinator Natalie Oman