Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We are committed to ending homelessness.
Every day we see the devastating impact homelessness has on people's lives. Every year we work side by side thousands of homeless people to help them rebuild their lives and leave homelessness behind for good. We do this at Crisis Skylight Oxford through providing education, training and support with housing, employment and health.
We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Role outline and the difference you will make
At Crisis Skylight Oxford we offer music production sessions which provides an insight into music technology and how to produce a recording from scratch, recording live instruments or producing vocals. The class is delivered by a Tutor and we are looking for a volunteer classroom assistant who can support sessions and encourage participation.
Timings: Fridays 2 - 4pm
Location: Crisis Skylight Oxford, The Old Fire Station, 40 George Street, Oxford, OX1 2AQ
Responsible to: Music Production Tutor
Core tasks and what you will achieve
• Assisting the tutor in delivering high quality sessions and keeping clients focussed, taking direction from the tutor on how best to support the class
• Providing support to individual members within the group to help them achieve their learning objectives, encouraging them to develop their skills and confidence
• Supporting the tutor with preparation of classroom resources
• Maintaining the classroom environment during class times as well as packing away at the end
• Assisting clients with the completion of any relevant paperwork, where requested by the tutor
The skills & experience we are looking for
1. Commitment to learning and an interest in the subject. Specific subject knowledge / experience may be necessary depending on the topic
2. Interpersonal communication skills with a particular focus on listening
3. Good time-keeping and reliability
4. Non-judgmental, patient and friendly
5. An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
All Crisis volunteers are asked to:
• Comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
• To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about members and the organisation
• Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness
What you will gain
• An opportunity to be part of a friendly team who are committed to ending homelessness and the knowledge that your role is making a difference to the running of the organisation
• Gain experience in working in an office environment
• Access to support as and when required including regular supervisions with a relevant supervisor
• A way to learn more about homelessness and the charity sector through a structured induction
• Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed where appropriate
• A factual reference from a reputable organisation
How do I apply?
For more information contact Natalie Oman our Volunteer Co-ordinator on 01865 263920 or email email@example.com Once we receive your application we will acknowledge receipt and explain the next steps to you.