The Box Office is key to The Theatre’s operations as it is the first point of contact for most people and is where the majority of the programme sales income is earned.
The Deputy Box Office Manager is responsible to the Box Office Manager and will work closely with him/her to ensure the highest standards of efficiency and customer care.
The primary responsibilities can be summarised as follows:
1. To support the smooth running of the Box Office and its service to both customers and staff with the maintenance of the highest standards of customer care. This includes provision of a general reception service for the building.
2. To provide a high quality first point of contact for the public with the Theatre whether in person or by telephone, with an eye to consistency, courtesy, quality of service and very importantly to maintaining the characterful, welcoming and informally professional nature of our Box Office.
3. To sell over the phone, in person, or via the internet, tickets for all events either managed by the Theatre or ticketed by us for third parties, including upselling as appropriate, and to maximise sales of tickets.
1. The Deputy Box Office Manager will support the Box Office Manager in planning use of Box Office casual staff within budget. This may include building the rota, helping to recruit and train new and existing staff.
2. To support delivery of responsible financial management, including cash floats, the reconciliation of daily takings and the preparation of monies for banking by the relevant staff. To help issue box office invoices and ensure timely payment, in liaison with the Box Office Manager, the Head of Operations/Finance Assistant as needed. To work on tracking credit card and agent queries as required.
3. To contribute as needed to development of systems for returns, agency sales, complimentary tickets and voucher sales.
4. To liaise when asked by the Box Office Manager with Tickets.com regarding the implementation and use of the ticketing platform (Provenue) and support.
5. To liaise as needed with payment service providers as relevant regarding the implementation and use of the credit/debit card payment systems.
6. To help set up events on our ticketing platform and in liaison with other Theatre staff, to ensure that the Theatre’s on-site and website sales information is correct at all times. To assist the Box Office Manager to ensure that the Box Office staff are kept fully informed about all events and procedures.
7. To participate in and help manage, where appropriate, provision of box office services to third parties.
8. To make full use of the computerised box office system, supporting the Box Office Manager to monitor and analyse Box Office trends and produce appropriate information as required.
9. To share in producing and distributing regular and occasional reports as required by the Theatre staff, to include daily sales sheets and performance returns. To support other staff in learning how to produce accurate ad-hoc reports for themselves.
10. To produce routine reports to visiting companies and Theatre hirers regarding their ticket sales and other Box Office requirements. To produce returns for film distributors.
11. To understand and be able to support the administration of the Friends’ scheme by the Friends’ Committee to ensure accurate records are kept of the membership.
12. GDPR: to assist in ensuring compliance within Box Office operations.
13. To provide administrative backup to Take Part activities through maintenance of relevant participant records.
14. Any other duties that may be requested from time to time.
Please note that although prior experience is desirable, training on specific systems can and will be provided as required.
The post will be full time and available for job share. Full time 35hrs.
Some evening and weekend working is an essential part of the job.
20 days holiday per year
Application is by CV and covering letter showing how your experience matches the Job Description above. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place on the week following the application deadline
Box Office Manager