At OYAP Trust young people come first. Our experience shows that with a sprinkling of creative magic and plenty of support anything is possible. We exist to help young people be the best they can be, to be inspired and to aim high no matter what obstacles stand in their way. We introduce young people to irresistible arts activities and nurture young talent; we reach out to the most socially and economically deprived children in the county to offer inclusive, educational and inspirational projects that raise confidence and achieve qualifications; and we work with young people to design creative projects which celebrate the individuality and particular interests of young people with special needs. All of our projects focus on giving young people a voice and have creativity and community at heart.
Through an imaginative collaboration with local development companies Adalta Real and U+I, OYAP has a new temporary home under a ‘meanwhile use’ lease. We now need someone to help us make the most of the exciting opportunities this new space presents, supporting our programmes and venue users as well as helping to prove the concept of a community arts centre for the future of Bicester.
OYAP strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
- This is a half-time post (18.5 hours p/w against OYAP full time of 37 hours).
- Contract is for immediate start and is until 31st March 2019 with possibility of extension dependant on funding availability
- Hours will be worked flexibly with requirement for availability mostly from approx. mid- afternoon into early/mid-evenings. The postholder will be required to work Sat/Sun from time to time and occasional mornings to cover building opening needs and other staff absences.
- Salary: pro rata against full time equivalent of £15,000 (age-related National Living Wage/National Minimum Wage rates will be honoured)
- Working base: StudiO2, Cemetery Road, Bicester with regular need to support events elsewhere, carry out small deliveries and travel locally
- Due to the flexible nature of the hours to be covered and the duties involved, this post would ideally suit someone Bicester-based or within easy reach.
- Highly organised and time-efficient
- Friendly, confident, public facing personality
- Some experience in a similar venue-focused role
- Preferably interest in working with young people in community/developmental arts
- Computer literate
- Fluent English speaker essential; other languages welcome
- Own motorised transport essential (your vehicle insurance must allow for use on employer’s business)
- Skills and ability to tackle small DIY jobs welcomed
- Cheerful, flexible, responsible, honest
- DBS clearance relevant to contents of this post (a clearance check will be required before appointment)
JOB DESCRIPTION - VENUE ADMINISTRATOR
To support OYAP in ensuring that the building, grounds and all facilities offered are appropriately ready for use by OYAP’s own programmes, by organisations sharing the building, and by third parties hiring spaces from OYAP; to manage access to the building, grounds and facilities ensuring security of spaces and users at all times.; to help energetically develop use of StudiO2 as a cultural venue for Bicester, within OYAP’s charitable purposes
Reports to: General Manager
Building and grounds management
• Manage the booking schedule to maximise both appropriate use of spaces and the income generated from them, whilst giving priority to OYAP’s own space needs. Maintain venue user statistics records.
• Draft specific contents of standard format hire agreements with users for review by the General Manager before signature.
• Ensure adherence to the hire agreements and House Rules by all parties, including liaison with OYAP Finance to have invoices issued to users
• Act as front-of-house when necessary for internally or externally organised events or workshops, completing registration lists, taking entrance monies as required and accounting for those promptly to OYAP Finance. Ensure issue, completion and collection of feedback forms at all activities.
• As required, be responsible for unlocking building/disabling alarm to allow access and/or for locking/setting alarm following final event of the day. Where relevant, agreeing with ‘resident’ users if they are to secure the building instead on a particular day.
Facilities use and management
• Ensure that relevant areas of the building are cleaned in advance of booked use (a cleaner attends for 2 hours twice per week). Where necessary, clean spaces before use.
• Check condition of, and make ready in relevant space prior to arrival of session leaders, any equipment needed or specifically booked for a session (chairs, tables, IT equipment, refreshment facilities such as kettle, mugs,….)
• Complete booking chart for all IT equipment on removal from storage and on return.
• Ensure asset tags remain present on all equipment and that new equipment is added to the asset register according to procedures.
• Ensure that users tidy/clear spaces after their session and remove rubbish to correct bins.
• Record any reports of faulty equipment or facilities, liaise with General Manager to agree route to fix, organise fix at appropriate speed and cost.
• Collaborate with other OYAP staff to answer phones/take messages as relevant
• Take bookings for OYAP programme activities, maintain programme payments register & programme budget tracking sheet
• As agreed with the Programme Manager, regularly communicate with session facilitators and parents about activities in the venue
• Communicate with programme artists/facilitators about contracts, risk assessments for activities held in the venue, equipment and materials requirements for sessions (including ordering as appropriate)
• Ensure all regular session leaders’ DBS clearance is current
• Support OYAP’s Programme Manager with flyer/leaflet printing and delivery
• Advise volunteers/work experience students on tasks and expected outcomes for activity
• Take photos or ensure they are taken of all activity types and post a photo on social media (volunteer/work experience students may help with this) /send to social media and marketing with a descriptive sentence
• Upload all visual material promptly to shared storage drive
• Ensure all data handled by postholder is relevant and handed over to senior staff to be stored securely within OYAP according to its GDPR procedures
Send your CV and covering letter (both in Word or .pdf format) stating why you are the one for this job and when you could be available to start, by email to: email@example.com by 1p.m. Friday 4th May.
Please note: OYAP is a small charity and cannot afford agency fees, so no contacts from agencies will be followed up. This opportunity may also suit a potential apprenticeship student.