· Class assistants support both our Young Performers Classes for children aged 4-6yrs and our WOAPA TOO! classes for children with learning disabilities.
· Assistants may also be called upon to work in main school classes.
· Assistants may also be called upon to assist with admin duties.
· Hours are 9.00am – 1.00pm & 2.00pm – 5.30pm
· Contracts are issued term-time only (12-week terms )
· The Academy operates on Saturdays at Henry Box School, Witney, Oxfordshire.
· There may be occasional rehearsal/performances at other venues.
· Class assistants are also required to attend planning meetings, on dates to be agreed.
• To assist the WOAPA Directors & Tutors to deliver quality tuition in performing arts to the students of WOAPA.
• Meet with the Academy team to plan and develop the creative programme.
• To assist the WOAPA Tutor to prepare and deliver performing arts classes and rehearsals / performances.
The Class Assistant must show a willingness to:
• Assist in keeping a class of children focused and enthusiastic.
• Work with young children to improve their confidence and skills in singing, dance and drama.
• Work in partnership with a team of creative professionals. .
• Assist the tutor to plan, deliver and evaluate high quality sessions.
• Be prepared to create, devise and improvise.
• Work in a flexible way within an ever-changing environment.
• Work under pressure and to time scales.
• Demonstrate reliability, commitment, energy, passion and enthusiasm.
• Demonstrate compassion, patience and understanding towards people from all walks of life.
• Be creative, resourceful and resilient.
• A Good sense of humour!
• Previous experience in a theatre school environment.
• Previous experience of working with children.
• Willingness to undergo enhanced DBS check.
• Willingness to comply with Data Protection, Health & Safety, Safeguarding policies and procedures.
• Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children.
• Demonstrate emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.