(Freelance proposals at comparable hourly rate for up to 10 hours p/w may also be considered.) No agencies please; we do not pay fees for recruitment.
Reporting to the General Manager
1. Basic processing of income and expenditure (raising sales invoices, paying in cash and cheques, paying purchase invoices by relevant method including online)
2. Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
3. Monthly reconciliation of debit card payments
4. Day to day management of office petty cash including entering and reconciling to the accounting system
5. Maintenance of accurate and timely financial records including entering all transactions to the accounting system and keeping all finance files up to date
6. Accurate maintenance of accounts system and supporting records to allow transparent reporting on unrestricted and restricted funds
7. Assisting the General Manager with budget management, cashflow monitoring and financial reporting activities as required
8. Credit control – ensuring payments are made promptly within terms and debtors are chased
9. The post holder will also, according to their skills, experience and any time available, be expected to support the work of other staff members and carry out, within reason, other duties to further the objectives and values of the Trust.
1 Substantial experience of day to day bookkeeping and accounts
2. Knowledge of financial systems, including accounting systems and budgetary control
3. Excellent administrative skills with a keen eye for detail
4. Good communication skills, both written and verbal
5. The ability to work calmly under pressure and to meet deadlines
6 Ability to work effectively using own initiative, but also to contribute meaningfully as part of a small team and to take instruction when necessary
7. Skill with using office IT systems (Microsoft and Adobe based)
8. Ability to problem-solve
1. Qualification to AAT level or about to qualify
2. Experience of working within the charity sector
2. Interest in and knowledge of the arts in education
3. Knowledge of the ‘Data Developments’ accounts package would be particularly welcomed, but the postholder will receive basic training in it as required.
Terms and conditions:
Part-time, fixed term to 31st March 2018 with possibility of extension by mutual agreement and dependent on funding; Notice period: 1 month in writing; Probation period: 2 months.
Please apply by covering email explaining why you would like the position and what you can offer, with CV in Word format. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9a.m. Friday 6th October 2017
Interviews will be held on Weds 11th October.