Purpose of Post To provide administrative support to OYAP’s youth arts team
Appointment Fixed-term part-time contract: 1st May 2017 until 31st October 2017 (with possibility of extension, pending availability of funding)
Part-time: 15 hours per week against OYAP working week of 37 hours
Salary Pro rata against full-time salary of £14,000 per annum.
Reporting to the OYAP Projects Co-ordinator you will:
1. Assist the Projects Co-ordinator, Director and other programme staff/freelancers with the administration of youth arts projects. Tasks will include managing spaces (including setting up/tidying away, equipment checking etc.) booking artists, scheduling events and projects, collating participants’ contact details, answering telephone enquiries about workshops and attending some creative workshops to provide project assistance.
2. Assist with marketing of OYAP’s activities including helping with materials production for print marketing, online marketing using social media, window display maintenance.
3. Assist with maintaining OYAP websites and social media pages
4. The post holder will also be expected to contribute to the work of other staff members within the OYAP team and carry out, within reason, other duties to further the objectives of the Trust.
This is a creative and busy role, ideal for someone wishing to gain a broad experience of working within a youth arts organisation, supporting a variety of creative projects. You will help to organise creative after-school and holiday activities for young people. In order to be successful in this role, you will be energetic, willing and highly organised with excellent communication skills. You will need to be able to move about Bicester independently, carrying materials from time to time; a driving licence and access to independent transport is useful but not essential (there is no company vehicle).
- Extremely organised, logical and reliable
- A self-starter, probably with a passion for the arts and their role in education
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop and social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
OYAP office working hours are 9:30am to 5:30pm – this postholder would preferably work 3 hours per day, either five mornings or five afternoons.
Please apply by email to Ambereene Hitchcox, General Manager email@example.com , sending your C.V. and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this role and detailing any relevant experience that you have (you should include experience gained through school, college, university or work, and through taking part in arts activities).
Closing date for applications: 9 a.m. April 20th 2017
Interviews will probably be held on 27th April 2017
For more information about OYAP, please visit our website www.oyap.org.uk